Grapjas Amy Schumer kan terugkijken op een ontzettend vruchtbaar jaar. Er was de film Trainwreck, er waren awardshows die ze mocht hosten, er was SNL waar ze de boel aan elkaar mocht praten, er was de legendarische rodeloperduik voor Kim en Kanye, er waren tranen met tuiten (van het lachen vooral), er waren tijdschriftencovers, en er waren een heleboel interviews. The Cut selecteerde vijftig opmerkelijke Schumer-quotes. Wij scheidden het kaf van het koren en presenteren je, bij dezen, de negen opvallendste.
1. 'In L.A., my arms register as legs.'
Tijdens Comedy Centrals Night of Too Many Stars in maart
2. 'The best advice my mother gave me was to 'be a lady', but I never really knew what that meant, and obviously didn't take to it.'
In Esquire, januari
3. 'I don't try to be feminist. I just am. It's innately inside me. I have no interest in trying to be the perfect feminist, but I do believe feminists are in good hands with me.'
In Glamour, juli
4. 'Thanks everybody who has helped me. Thanks to the girl who gave me this sort of a smoky eye. I really love it.'
Schumers Emmys dankwoord, september
5. 'We have to be a role model for these little girls, because who do they have? All they have really is the Kardashians ... And like, we used to have Khloé. Khloé was ours, right? Whenever there's a group of women, you identify with one of them … Khloé, she lost half her body weight. She lost a Kendall! We have nothing. I want good role models.'
Tijdens haar SNL monoloog, oktober
6. 'I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. I say if I'm beautiful. I say if I'm strong. You will not determine my story — I will. I will speak and share and fuck and love and I will never apologize to the frightened millions who resent that they never had it in them to do it.'
Op EW, oktober
7. 'The first person I saw was literally Kate Upton. … And I was like, "Oh, I get it. I'm not a real woman. I'm just harvesting organs for one."'
Over het bijwonen van een wedstrijd van basketbalploeg Lakers, HBO Special, Apollo Theater, oktober
8. 'I'm, like, newly famous, and it turns out it's not fun. Did you guys know that?'
Tijdens het Sierra Club's Act in Paris evenement in het McKittrick Hotel, november
9. 'I get labeled a sex comic. But if a guy got up onstage and pulled his dick out, everybody would say: "He's a thinker."'
In Esquire, januari